Monday 27 November 2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico had been seriously damaged by hurricane Maria in September 20, 2017. Two months later, I was there after a cruise trip. The date is November 19, 2017. When I got to the hotel booked through Expedia, the hotel door was closed and surrounding stores are all closed. I just figured out the damage is far more serious than I thought. I thought this is part of US, it should recover faster than other Caribbean islands. The result is power is not 100% working, it might be shared by regions. Many locals told us their home has no power and water. I ended stayed in Hotel Milano because in the old town area, this hotel owner let us stay even without power some time. At least, we do not need to stay on the street. I believe their government should rescue the island faster. The media should report more about this island than other far away area. God bless Hotel Milano and Puerto Rico.















































No comments:

Post a Comment