Thursday 23 May 2019

Singapore in 2019

My first visit Singapore was in March 2012. I stayed in VHotel Lavender. 2018 February I flew there, but I went to Malacca, Malaysia by bus. So, just taxi took me to Queens street bus station, then bus to Malacca. 3 days later, I came back to take 17 day cruise trip. After cruise trip, a limo drove me to the airport and flew back to North America.
This time, I did cruise trip from Dubai to Singapore. I like to stay for 3 nights. My trip conclusions:
1. Use airport taxi - it is more expensive to use pick up and send to a hotel
2. Use taxi to cruise terminal - it is cheaper than pickup and drop
3. In Singapore cruise terminal- walk out along SMRT route to Marina Bay South station to take subway to hotel. It is much cheaper only a few dollars. Never been fooled by cruise terminal limo persons. They told me public taxi is far away when in 2018 because they charge too much, from terminal to airport or hotel is USD 60 for a van.
4. Purchase a single trip SMRT card, you can still use this card for next trips by just top with money. Every ticket machine can do it.
5. If you want to use tourist card - it is sold only in limited stations, there is a SG 10 deposit for the card. You can get card deposit back only in the stations that sell tourist travel card.
6. Tourist travel card - 3 days for SG 20, 2 days for SG 15, one day for SG 10. Card deposit is SG 10.
7. Food courts is easily available in many area. Many in the malls and residential area

Walkway - near Marina Bay South Station



 Dinner at KOPITIAM-ground floor near Lavender hotel


 VHotel Lavender-Lavender station is on the basement level


 Kitchener Complex Mall





 Singapore River








































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment