Friday 6 October 2006

China 2006 - Royal Palace 北京故宫

China 2006 - Royal Palace 北京故宫

Date: 2006-09-17

Forbidden City, or Palace Museum is a largest Royal Palace in the world. I believe the buildings are built in Ming Dynasty. It was a copy of the Palace in Nanjing. I love this place. My very first visit of China in 2000, I walked to Palace Museum from Wan Fu Jing. I bought the ticket and entered the Palace. It was a stunning showcase to me. I could not believe I am there in person.

2006, re-visit this place. I do not feel tired of this place. Too much for me to explore. I wish I could stay here for a while to see everything i detail.

Part of the buildings are under severe restoring process, but there are still so many buildings for us to visit. I stayed for one day, but just visited central and west portions. I learned later, Tai Ho Pavilion was totally covered for restoration to make it ready for visitors who came for 2008 Beijing Olympic games.

2012-12-12 Upload photos from www.multiply.com site.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment