Tuesday 1 January 2019

Middle America - Guatemala, Costa Rica & Nicaragua

2018 Panama Canal trip had visited Guatemala, Costa rica & Nicaragua

Guatemala is only a stop to a port, then take shuttle bus to a tourist area for shopping. The road condition is not that great, too congested and not wide enough. Traffic can be a problem. Tourist area is on harbour side, it has many small stores selling local products such as clothes, souvenirs. They gave us a good cultural show in the centre court.




























Costa Rica
The port is Puntarenas, a port for cruise ships. This is my 3rd time to visit this port. I just walked in the beach area, there are shops for tourists. I asked for a market, so I could get something in local price. Since it is my 3rd time visit, I did not take any excursion.














Nicaragua
The port is San Juan Del Sur. This is my 2nd time visit. This time I can see there are something updated. They have welcome folk music and dancers. The street is more tidy and clean. The beach is quite beautiful. There is Christ of Mercy statue, it claims to be the 2nd largest, just next to Rio de Janeiro. 

The Christ of the Mercy is a colossal statue of Jesus Christ in the city of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, to a height of 134 m. The statue is located highly above the northernmost seawall in the bay of San Juan. At the foot of the statue is a small chapel.































No comments:

Post a Comment